Mother's Day Brunch or DinnerIf you’re not cooking Mom a spectacular Mother’s Day dinner, treat her to a fancy meal at one of Manhattan’s top restaurants.
- Take Mom out for a day of wine and chocolate at Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar (1 7th Avenue South) and enjoy a free glass of Prosecco and nab a 15% discount card for her next visit.
- Treat Mom to a unique brunch at Pera Soho. The Mediterranean restaurant's special three-course brunch meno will include white chocolate pancakes with strawberry butter and much more for $27 per person.
- Lincoln Ristorante in Lincoln Center is serving up a prix-fixe Mother's Day feast featuring Italian delicacies from the Liguria region -- including house-made gnocchi and sweet bread. The four-course menu is $65 per person.
- Stop by Almond in Gramercy and get a free Mimosa or Bloody Mary if you're someone's mom.
- Mothers eat free on Mother's Day at Betel in the West Village.
- Many other New York restaurants offer special prix fixe menus and deals for Mother's Day. Check out OpenTable's list of Mother's Day dinner specials in New York (702 at last count)and make a reservation.
- Enjoy the sunshine and dine with Mom in one of Manhattan's most beautiful outdoor garden areas or on a New York rooftop.
- Don’t forget about dessert! Mom may say she's watching her figure, but convince her to treat herself to a sweet dish from one of Manhattan’s favorite dessert spots. No one deserves it more than her!
Explore New York with Mom
- Hit the streets of Tribeca and discover historic townhouses, cobblestone streets, and cozy lunch spots that Mom will love.
- You could also meander through Chelsea, check out a few galleries and impress Mom with your extensive knowledge of art trivia.
- Take advantage of a gorgeous day and wander into the nearest park for some fresh air or head to Central Park and show Mom the Bethesda Fountain or take her on a horse and carriage ride.
Take Mom to the Museum
- Stop by the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) to view spectacular modern and contemporary art pieces.
- Visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art to discover art, photography, tapestries, and carefully preserved artifacts from all over the world.
- Check out the Whitney Museum, where Mom will recognize notable 20th Century works of art.
- A visit to the Museum of Natural History is always an adventure. This time around, tell Mom you’re taking her to see the dinosaurs.
- If you’re looking for a fun, slightly edgier and highly-entertaining museum experience, schedule a visit to a few of Manhattan’s off-Museum Mile cultural institutions (though you might want to skip The Museum of Sex to avoid awkward Mother's Day moments).
Go Shopping with Mom
- Stop by a few of Manhattan’s favorite department stores and help her find the perfect pair of Manolos.
- If Mom enjoys bargain-hunting and discovering secondhand treasures, browse a few of Manhattan’s flea markets and help her find the perfect coffee table centerpiece.
- The Brooklyn Flea is always an option, with treasures waiting to be found.
- All links are from About.com